Writing about my experience with Memrise and Duolingo compared with Anki made me think about the different ways I use them. As I mentioned before my recall of words learned with the first two apps is mostly confined to when I'm actually using the app. Because of this I keep changing my mind as to whether they are at all useful. But the words I'm learning with Anki are easier for me to recall in real life away from my phone or computer. Now my Anki deck is very simple, I have not added any images or mnemonics. But it's important to know that I'm using Anki in combination with the book of 625 words. And I'm only adding them page by page as I work through the book. Currently I'm on page 8 covering 48 words. Every day I look at the images that I'm working on and recall the relevant words. And every couple of days I add a new image. As well as that I bring to mind real memories, feelings and thoughts when I'm reviewing and recalling. For example I think of t...
I'm still alive and I'm still acquiring Russian. Although I've only spent 21 minutes per day on the language a big life change is happening soon that will positively impact my Russian acquisition journey. More on that in a moment. The main activities I did over the past year were: using the Speakly App (Active Study), listening to the Speakly stories (Passive Immersion), listening and reading along with Glossika (Reading with Audio) and using the Taalhammer app (Vocabulary/Sentences). I did not get as much conversations practice with people or AI (Free Conversation Practice) as I would have liked but that will all change because this year I'm moving to a country that is home to some native Russian speakers (no, not Russia). This will mean that I will more often encounter Russian speakers in my day to day life. For tracking purposes this means I will no longer track real life conversations under 'Free Conversation Practice' reserving that for time spent in forma...
Comments
Post a Comment