Acquiring Russian: May 2024 Report - Visiting another Baltic country

I visited another Baltic country at the start of May and had a couple of opportunities to practice speaking Russian. It was great to have short conversations with people and feel that I was being taken seriously as a learner. I have no visited Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and have had the opportunity to speak Russian in each country. 

However since returning from my trip I have spent (practically) no time studying the language at all. My only exposure to the language has been when stumbling upon the occasional meme or lesson on Instagram.

This has been my longest break from the language since I started. I'm not sure what the reason is. It's not really a lack of time since I've had plenty of opportunities to jump on the Speakly app. Until today I haven't even been listening to the Speakly monologues at the gym.

I've also not had any conversation classes since January. I needed to take a break because I was moving house but that has turned into a permanent hiatus.  And with each passing week I feel more anxious about losing all my speaking abilities.

But I'm getting back into the habit today. I listened to the monologues at the gym and have been reading in LingQ. I'll use Speakly before I go to sleep tonight and build up a new streak.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Use Anki

3 year overview of my Russian acquisition journey

Acquiring Russian: December 2023 Report and 2023 Review